Kiteboarding Australia - "We Take Safety to the Extreme"
Over the last six months the board of Kiteboarding Australia (KA) have reviewed their position and strategies relating to safety, marketing and communications. The purpose of Kiteboarding Australia is to maximise the safe development and growth of the sport in Australia. Kiteboarding is well placed and anticipates a number of exciting years ahead. The sport is growing, membership numbers are steadily increasing, there are record entries across Wave and Freestyle events across Australia, and Kitefoiling was recently announced as an Olympic Sport in 2024. Kiteboarding is an exciting, adrenalin pumping, extreme sport but like any extreme sports there are risks. This is why Kiteboarding Australia takes safety extremely seriously and this is reflected in the organisation's new communications platform summarised by the end line " We Take Safety to the Extreme ". Kiteboarding Australia will remain focused on putting these words into action.
- KA has negotiated the best insurance for kiters for personal injury and third-party liability.
- KA has developed a robust Instructor Training program to ensure instructors are giving newcomers the very best tuition.
- KA works with Kiteboarding Schools to ensure the very best safety practices and risk management practices are in place.
- KA is working with local councils at popular beaches to install beach signage and develop programs promoting beach safety.
- KA is developing a Kiters Rescue standard to up skill kiteboarders on how to undertake water rescues for both kiteboarders and the general public.
UPPER AUSTRIA KiteFoil Grand Prix Traunsee 2020 - Day 1
Kitefoil event begins in Traunsee
Naish release new season range of surfboards
Robby Naish is still at it, and introduces Naish's new kitesurfing boards