Forums > Kitesurfing General

MERIMBULA 2020 CV 19

Created by towradgi > 9 months ago, 16 Jul 2020
towradgi
NSW, 424 posts
16 Jul 2020 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Being serious now. With Merimbula's big 40 anniversary this year ,and a big turnout expected ,like the 30th which had over 300 paid contestants ,what's expected this year ? Victoria border will be shutdown till at least christmas...Sydney is spiking hotspots and Sydney people aren't welcome to coastal towns , Queenslanders might not risk it... Not painting a picture of gloom and doom...What do you think? How many are left to turn up ?

smook
VIC, 196 posts
16 Jul 2020 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

What load crock Yes Vic has had hiccup but already signs of a decline The boarders will be open up again Aus economy needs it Unless people still do the wrong thing and then yes it could be **** fight If it's on I am going 100 percent

towradgi
NSW, 424 posts
16 Jul 2020 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

Thanx for your positive affirmation . Already 1 tested positve at Merimbula RSL...from what state ??? I am definitely going for my 10th visit ...

Phoney
NSW, 583 posts
16 Jul 2020 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

It's 4 months away. You have no more of a clue than anyone else on how long the Vic border will be closed. International border, for sure, but state borders? There's a good chance that this latest outbreak will be knocked on the head with another lockdown imposed on the hotspots and within 4-6 weeks restrictions can start to ease - just as they were last time around. That much you can at least say with the benefit of hindsight.

Sorry but if that isn't painting a picture of doom & gloom then I dunno what is! Just wait n see bro..

Deefer
VIC, 117 posts
16 Jul 2020 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Hoping like hell that it's on for all of us not just the NSW's !
Gotta have something to look forward to.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
17 Jul 2020 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Full of old farts so exposure would likely wipe out the older generation of pole dancers

billygreen
89 posts
25 Jul 2020 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Well there ya go

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
26 Jul 2020 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Why not use 4mtre line extension's to reduce the risk

towradgi
NSW, 424 posts
13 Jan 2021 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

What I really miss about Mambo is the night entertainment of those local live garage bands at the pub , then in later years the Sapphire room. It was definitely their first and frekin last gigs for obvious reasons .Ive been to a thousand live gigs and they are up there with the ????? When a band sings Running Bare at the Sapphire room you know you have made it and are playing to the right demographic audience of Mambo participants ..

Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
14 Jan 2021 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
Why not use 4mtre line extension's to reduce the risk

They're all on wind wings now so deemed too high risk

CH3MTR4IL5
WA, 745 posts
14 Jan 2021 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe just a friendly twintip race series instead?

Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
20 Oct 2021 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

Any news on if this is on for 2021? Only a month away..

Gazuki
WA, 1363 posts
20 Oct 2021 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

I thought you naughty children were still grounded over there,. You should know better than to make plans.

Gazuki
WA, 1363 posts
20 Oct 2021 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

I thought you naughty children were still grounded over there,. You should know better than to make plans.

bjw
NSW, 3567 posts
20 Oct 2021 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

No mate, we are free to travel. See you in Bali in November.

Oh, wait. No we won't. You aren't allowed.

CH3MTR4IL5
WA, 745 posts
20 Oct 2021 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjw said..
No mate, we are free to travel. See you in Bali in November.

Oh, wait. No we won't. You aren't allowed.

Yeah well my premier could beat up your premier so nerrrrr

Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
21 Oct 2021 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gazuki said..

Yes I should know better, and should have known better to have gotten out when I could. Friday free to travel except to regional vic.

A Bomber
QLD, 113 posts
25 Oct 2021 7:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Peahi said..

No, they called it off a bit over a month ago via a post on the MSC Facebook page. 40th mk3 2022?

Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
25 Oct 2021 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
A Bomber said..

Peahi said..

No, they called it off a bit over a month ago via a post on the MSC Facebook page. 40th mk3 2022?

Cheers, between FB, SB and actual internet (still selling tickets) its hard to find out what is going on

towradgi
NSW, 424 posts
23 Mar 2022 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hoping its on this year . Are wingdingers allowed to participate ? If so , is there a wingding national body that they join for insurance reasons , same as kiters who have to be members of K.A. before they pay entry competition fee at Mambo ?? If not , they cannot compete as wingdingers, yes , no ??

smook
VIC, 196 posts
23 Mar 2022 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
towradgi said..
Hoping its on this year . Are wingdingers allowed to participate ? If so , is there a wingding national body that they join for insurance reasons , same as kiters who have to be members of K.A. before they pay entry competition fee at Mambo ?? If not , they cannot compete as wingdingers, yes , no ??

Wingdinging is under KBA if you look on there web site I assume they will be aloud at Merimbula Classic But hopefully they will only be aloud in Wind surfing area otherwise it's not going to be pretty It's going to be crazy Windsurfing/ kite surfing / foil kitesurfing / prone foiling / Sup foiling / wing dinging / Sup boarding Lol

towradgi
NSW, 424 posts
25 Mar 2022 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

What i like about Mambo is it the best organized and only windsports comp in Oz....They place an orange flag on sand just north of viewing platform/deck and windsurfing area is north of this and kiting south of flag...All new windsports can go north of flag to keep windsurfing relevant ,inclusive and modern day like wingdinging.....10 years ago Corona beer was major sponsor of the event for 1 year only....it used Mambo as a stepping stone of sponsorship coz it sponsors world pro surfing tour now....you could buy a corona bottle of beer for $3 at corona tent during contest , then at pub that nite there were corona beer banners everywhere in sync with contest and pub prob got pallets for below cost , but charged us all $8 standard price ,what the flip ???

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"MERIMBULA 2020 CV 19" started by towradgi