Forums > Kitesurfing General

VIDEO: #MiKiteAdventure January 2020

Created by ReoStevens > 9 months ago, 30 Apr 2020
ReoStevens
TAS, 56 posts
30 Apr 2020 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

For your quarantine viewing pleasure - Some guest highlights from the January 2020 Marshall Islands trips.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
30 Apr 2020 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Just what we all need during lockdown
You could of shot it off the Nwest coast of England in the winter ,with turd stained coloured water and 2 degrees with a 6/8 wetsuit,hood and booties in 40 knts and driving sleet n snow
But no let's really piss them off and go the Marshall
Islands , you gang of bastardz

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
1 May 2020 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

droooooool

2stubborn2quit
WA, 169 posts
1 May 2020 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

For me... that is what dreams are made off.

ReoStevens
TAS, 56 posts
2 May 2020 4:37AM
Thumbs Up

If anyone has any interest in joining one of these trips next Jan/March 2021, have a look at the details here:
reostevens.com/kitesurfing-adventure-marshall-islands/

Plummet
4862 posts
2 May 2020 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

It looks like a nice spot. But with marginal winds at best.

ReoStevens
TAS, 56 posts
4 May 2020 5:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

Actually, it's one of the most consistent windy spots I've been too. The captain of the Cabrinha Quest called it one of the windiest places he's been too. Off course wind is never 100%, but that's why the video shows a lot of "plan b" of the trip entails as well as the overall experience.

Plummet
4862 posts
4 May 2020 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ReoStevens said..

Plummet said..

Actually, it's one of the most consistent windy spots I've been too. The captain of the Cabrinha Quest called it one of the windiest places he's been too. Off course wind is never 100%, but that's why the video shows a lot of "plan b" of the trip entails as well as the overall experience.

What's windy? What could you expect?

GMK-KiteSurf
NSW, 128 posts
4 May 2020 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

Radioactive Fallout. Danger Will Robinson.
Danger lasts 40,000 - 100,000 years.
Not suitable for prolonged Human habitation or Recreation.......

ReoStevens
TAS, 56 posts
5 May 2020 6:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

ReoStevens said..

Plummet said..

What's windy? What could you expect?

Average kite size is 9/10m but does get windy enough for 6/7m. A lot of it doesn't look that windy with a side off conditions but it is a location that would suit someone that does everything as it is a waterman's playground with surfing, diving/scuba, foiling and fishing being world class.. Not too mention you are the ONLY ones there. Stab magazine just released a film today from the week after I left this past season.. Look a bit windy out the back doesn't it.

www.instagram.com/p/B_xtGSGF_0Z/

ReoStevens
TAS, 56 posts
5 May 2020 6:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GMK-KiteSurf said..
Radioactive Fallout. Danger Will Robinson.
Danger lasts 40,000 - 100,000 years.
Not suitable for prolonged Human habitation or Recreation.......

The is no danger of Radioactivity in the area, although a fair concern. I had the same thoughts before first going years ago.

The majority of the testing from the 50s were waaayy up in the northern atolls next at bikini and the neighboring atolls (where they actually do dive charter to in the off season) and would be the distance equivalent of San Francisco to San Diego California.

Blank
9 posts
9 May 2020 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"VIDEO: #MiKiteAdventure January 2020" started by ReoStevens