Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2019 ION Harness range any ideas??

Created by Westernfront > 9 months ago, 19 Nov 2018
Westernfront
WA, 17 posts
19 Nov 2018 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

So after 3 years riding my Ion Vertex harness it is time to buy a new one. The problem is Ion has released a new range that I know nothing about and discontinued the Vertex name/line it seems.

I kite only waves and do not want to go to a rope harness instead of a hook, I can see two in the Ion range that seem to suit, the Riot 6 and the Riot curve 9... I'd like to buy from the new range but was hoping someone had some in the water experience with both and could let me know a bit about them, including:

- does the riot curve 9 twist around the waist allowing toe side like the vertex used to.

- does the Riot 6 still give some level of support (or is it similar to the Old Ion Madtrixx)

Thanks in advance if anyone has the knowledge.

mazdon
1196 posts
20 Nov 2018 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Hey mate
i did my "once a year" visit to a kite store on Saturday and noticed all the new Ion harnesses on shelf. Worth popping into one and getting a feel, talking to sales rep. They certainly looked shiny and clean...
My friend I went in to help out actually bought one and said it felt great - but he's a newb so who knows.

i did see an old madtrixx in the bargain bin still as well, so easy to compare with that shocker too haha

Store was action sports balcatta for what it's worth. No affiliation but a 12 year history buying from there and they've always been solid to me.

smook
VIC, 196 posts
20 Nov 2018 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Same and loved the Vertex as well Also looking as well You still can by 2018 Vertex but keen to try CS Wave Harness I also prefer this type due to get more rotation on my back hand

Westernfront
WA, 17 posts
20 Nov 2018 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mazdon said..
Hey mate
i did my "once a year" visit to a kite store on Saturday and noticed all the new Ion harnesses on shelf. Worth popping into one and getting a feel, talking to sales rep. They certainly looked shiny and clean...
My friend I went in to help out actually bought one and said it felt great - but he's a newb so who knows.

i did see an old madtrixx in the bargain bin still as well, so easy to compare with that shocker too haha

Store was action sports balcatta for what it's worth. No affiliation but a 12 year history buying from there and they've always been solid to me.

Thanks Mazdon,

yeh I swung by Action Sports before as the guys are always good. Unfortunately they don't stock the Riot 6 only the Riot Curve 9 so couldn't get a comparison at the time.

The CS13 is now in the mix as well after reading up on it (thanks Smook) it may be the choice if it rotates around the waist, few choices to make.

Didnt see the Madtrixx in the discount bin though haha, hope you snapped it up

speedy87
VIC, 105 posts
20 Nov 2018 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Try the new mystic x carbon,game changer

smook
VIC, 196 posts
28 Dec 2018 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Was lucky to speak to Ion Rep at GKA event at Torquay And the go as you said Ion Riot 6 Looks great soft wet suit material inside and flexible similar to Vertex Have placed order

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2019 ION Harness range any ideas??" started by Westernfront