Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

after a cheap board: cabrinha custom vs CBL vs tona flow 2016

Created by newbie23562 > 9 months ago, 27 Nov 2018
newbie23562
WA, 29 posts
27 Nov 2018 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

trying to figure out if any worth buying an old-ish brand new board
once I had a RRD Poison and loved it! now looking for a bit more rocker, flat-water oriented one.
It seems there are some sales on 2016 boards... and wondering what you flat-water aficionados think of those boards?

custom vs CBL vs flow vs TS Hadlow? all 2016

Cheers

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
2 Dec 2018 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

The flow was one on the nicest feeling boards iv ever used. Unfortunately it had a touch too much rocker for me and it was a bit slow in the lighter winds

Richoa
NSW, 478 posts
3 Dec 2018 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

I brought a 2016 custom to replace the 2012 one i had. Nothing like the original. I Should of done some research, The cbl is most like the old custom.

the 2016 custom isnt much diff to the ace in rocker

newbie23562
WA, 29 posts
4 Dec 2018 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys!
I might add also the Gambler to the list as it seems a few used ones can be found :D

on the economy side also the boots: are those hyperlite frequency at $200 worth/any good for kiting?

I know I should get the right stuff, but a bit tight at the moment, and still a good desire to kite hard :))

eibwen
WA, 116 posts
4 Dec 2018 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
newbie23562 said..
Thanks guys!
I might add also the Gambler to the list as it seems a few used ones can be found :D

on the economy side also the boots: are those hyperlite frequency at $200 worth/any good for kiting?

I know I should get the right stuff, but a bit tight at the moment, and still a good desire to kite hard :))

I have had a few boards, cardboards, monk, vanhunks, gambler, livewire, now back on the gambler, 2015 one to be exact. I can't find one that's better for me yet, I have not tested the newer ones but don't want to risk the $ when I know the going is good on the 15 and one came up in hardly used condition so I snapped it up for cheap! Stoked. The flow is close every thing I had read about the flow seems to be legit interms of feel and how it rides, can't go wrong with that. Would be keen to try a pop and compare to the gambler.

happy shredding !

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"after a cheap board: cabrinha custom vs CBL vs tona flow 2016" started by newbie23562