SA, 112 posts
4 Oct 2010 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

good work pete nice shots mate!!

WF
SA, 116 posts
4 Oct 2010 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

Nice shots Pete, new lense is working out well.
False Bay was great, new 9m Rebel and the new wave board were sick, and best of all, only 2 of us out there!!!
Looking forward to many more seabreezes soon.

AB

Buell
SA, 89 posts
4 Oct 2010 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

WF said...

False Bay was great, new 9m Rebel and the new wave board were sick, and best of all, only 2 of us out there!!!

AB

Photos, or it didnt happen

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
5 Oct 2010 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

There is a couple of great shots there Pete, heard you were a bit crook hope all is going well. I'm down on the far west coast at the moment, at Oyster fest and chasing some waves down near penong , have had some breezes over 30kts and have been able to get a kite in nearly every day. Hanging to get back up to whyalla to get in a flat water session, and check my mail but probaly wont be for a couple more weeks

EB
SA, 492 posts
5 Oct 2010 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

WF said...

AB

Good work Pete
Must admit to a touch of jealousy AB' False Bay with 2 out is pretty good.How windy?
Looking forward to kiting at the bay and point in 8 weeks time.
Meanwhile i'll put up with the first month of seabreezes over and today was off the richter.Feeling well stretched.[}:)]

WF
SA, 116 posts
6 Oct 2010 12:25AM
Thumbs Up

First seabreeze of the season, still had a bit of SE in it, so always feels windier that it actually is. Never as much guts as a SWester. Just enough to get going on the 9m. Bit of a challenge with the new North Kontact 5'10" rather than the usual twin tip, but feels like it will be a great board. New Rebel is fantastic. Not having kited for 6 months I am glad that the wind dropped out after an hour otherwise I would be much sorer than I am today.

AB

EB
SA, 492 posts
6 Oct 2010 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

WF said...

First seabreeze of the season, still had a bit of SE in it, so always feels windier that it actually is. Never as much guts as a SWester. Just enough to get going on the 9m. Bit of a challenge with the new North Kontact 5'10" rather than the usual twin tip, but feels like it will be a great board. New Rebel is fantastic. Not having kited for 6 months I am glad that the wind dropped out after an hour otherwise I would be much sorer than I am today.

AB

The North Kontact is a very popular board over here still riding the old shape myself.You will no doubt have the hang off it soon.No kiting for 6 I just don't compute.

WF
SA, 116 posts
6 Oct 2010 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

No wind, too cold and spending way to much time building my new house in my spare time!!

EB
SA, 492 posts
6 Oct 2010 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

Been doing more False Bay traing today solid 2.5m Swell and 25 the 6m is great wave kite.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
7 Oct 2010 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

Blake, where's the boots

They should call that photo shoot "cooks on cabs"lol, everyone looks a little rusty.

max14
SA, 220 posts
7 Oct 2010 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

I am definatly rusty... Have not ridden over winter, had to remember how to do a backroll the custom should hopefully arrive tonight and then the boots are getting bolted on, hanging for a sandbar session!!!

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
7 Oct 2010 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

I have a new tempo, in my possession dying for a sandbar session. I think i'm going to be as rusty as hell and still have to carry the foot a bit, but next week when im back its going to be on

maigais
SA, 9 posts
8 Oct 2010 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Am keen to do a trip to Whyalla over weekend, when do seebreaze become everyday thing in Whyalla?

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
8 Oct 2010 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Towards the end of october through to March, check the tide times to get the strongest breeze possible, if low tide is mid afternoon then the breeze will be a lot stronger and you will get the best flat water sesion of your life right next to the sandbar as the tide races in, dont wait for the water to reach the beach a short walk and your in the water and by the time you are finished ridding the water will be right up the beach. Watch out for razor fish for the first 20 meters over the blue line, the rest of the place is fairly safe.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
9 Oct 2010 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

did your boardshorts protect your wetsuit or do south australians get confused at to what season it is .

max14
SA, 220 posts
9 Oct 2010 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hahahaha nah as you can see from the pics the ratio of males to females is somewhat unbalanced... So to prevent a snag fest

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
10 Oct 2010 12:29AM
Thumbs Up

dusta said...

did your boardshorts protect your wetsuit or do south australians get confused at to what season it is .

With our quality flat shallow water and the council not prepping the beach for summer any more, there is a lot of rocks that eat boards and wetsuits. A pair of boardies over the top is some cheap insurance for the wetty. But give it a month and there wont be a wetsuit in site. Well apart from Jimmy, but thats just to stop the seat harness riding up his arse

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
12 Oct 2010 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

waxman said...

dusta said...

With our quality flat shallow water and the council not prepping the beach for summer any more, there is a lot of rocks that eat boards and wetsuits. A pair of boardies over the top is some cheap insurance for the wetty. But give it a month and there wont be a wetsuit in site. Well apart from Jimmy, but thats just to stop the seat harness riding up his arse

Yer thin boardies are really going to "protect" a wetsuit against rocks

lay off the west end wax :P

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
12 Oct 2010 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

I can show you about 5 sets of boardies that disagree with you, i hit a rock/reef in the shore break last week down on the west coast, absolutely shredded the shorts but wetty had no more cuts,

Looking at the pics, is Mat wearing Vickie's shorts???? save the cross dressing for Barmera hey boys

EB
SA, 492 posts
24 Oct 2010 11:45PM
Thumbs Up

AB,hows that rebel goin?
I've been doin plenty of false bay training lately though not quite onshore.The conditions remind me off the days back in "88" when the only sail used was the 3.7m at the bay in 1/2-3/4 mast high. Any how glad I got a 6,definitely looking forward to getting it on in Whyalla.

Question is should I be going out in the morning and be overpowered on the 9m or do all my training on the 6 in 30+ in the arvo?

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
25 Oct 2010 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

Why don't you use the 6m all day, no point riding overpowered.

The wind chart is useless to help with the answer as it is recorded not predicted and finishes on sunday and your talking about monday so?

It looks like it gets windy there at night, kicks in around 6pm not much light in WA after that.

EB
SA, 492 posts
25 Oct 2010 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

waxman said...

Why don't you use the 6m all day, no point riding overpowered.

The wind chart is useless to help with the answer as it is recorded not predicted and finishes on sunday and your talking about monday so?

It looks like it gets windy there at night, kicks in around 6pm not much light in WA after that.

I posted on sunday so chart was pretty current.Try this chart Waxy generally 9m in the morning have been wanting to try the 5m Rebel?[}:)]

Just getting excited by my upcoming Whyalla trip and hoping the wind will be as strong as I remember it.

Wisha
SA, 255 posts
25 Oct 2010 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Got to love them green arrows!

WF
SA, 116 posts
25 Oct 2010 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

EB,
Your conditions are looking heaps better than it has been here.
Unfortunately for me it has been only one outing on the new gear so far, too much work in trying to get the new house finished before Christmas.
Saturday was windy, but too busy installing vanity units, painting etc. Sunday not much work on, but no wind..... Hopefully this weekend.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Ahhhh, at last the first seasons seabreeze" started by Buell