Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

Milang hazards ?

Created by sharkbiscuit > 9 months ago, 19 Feb 2011
sharkbiscuit
820 posts
19 Feb 2011 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys. Does anyone know the current submerged hazards at Milang ?

Cheers J

coastflyer
SA, 572 posts
21 Feb 2011 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

Milang is a great spot to kite, and most submerged objects were removed when the lake was low. It is now full and I reckon that kiteboarders should enter next years Milang-Goolwa using race boards. The guys at the Milang Regatta Club can help you as well, if you call them.

http://www.sa.yachting.org.au/db/Clubdisplay.asp?ID=5018&Action=Display&MenuID=Clubs/10320/0&MenuID=Clubs%2F10320%2F0%2CCountry_Clubs%2F10323%2F0%2F

DaGodfather
SA, 280 posts
21 Feb 2011 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

There are 2 I know of but they were only just above the surface when the lake was at its lowest level (and I don't reckon they ever got removed). There was also an electric fence about 1km down wind from Milang that was running all the way to the water back then - i don't know if the farmer bothered to dismantle it before it was flooded.

The first 2 would now be about 1.5 meters under water, so no problem for windsurfing.
The fence (if it's still there) would be close to the surface, but it is further away.

sharkbiscuit
820 posts
22 Feb 2011 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys. MIlang is a great spot. Very family friendly- toilets & showers, park, kids playground, and excellent barbecue facility.

See you on the water

J

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Milang hazards ?" started by sharkbiscuit