Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

seabreeze kite size

Created by KiterBen > 9 months ago, 2 Jul 2012
KiterBen
SA, 161 posts
2 Jul 2012 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

I'm a keg 90 odd k's, looking for appropriate kite size for summer sea breeze conditions have a twelve ATM looking at getting a 10 m? 8 - 10 - 12 quiver for a keg any recommendations ?

pneucube
SA, 112 posts
3 Jul 2012 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Ben,
Suggest you go and see Bastion at his kite shop, he has a heap of demo kites there.
Give them a go and get a feel for the different ones.
Ps. Thanks for the donation on Dry July.
Jim

YorksBoy
SA, 215 posts
3 Jul 2012 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

try and stay with same brand as you will no the safety and setup

Rooboy
SA, 298 posts
3 Jul 2012 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Ben,

I think u will be right with the 8 -10 -12 combo for your size. Im about 95kgs and thats what im rolling with next season. If u dont want a 3 kite quiver you could go a 11 or 12 and a 8 and 9 which is what ive done in the past as well and thats worked well. Only reason ive gone with a 3 kite quiver for next year is i want a C kite for unhooking in summer but want the top end and low end of a delta for other conditions throughout the year. PM me if u want to pick my brain any further.

KiterBen
SA, 161 posts
4 Jul 2012 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for everyones help, yeah probably prefer to keep it to a 2 kite quiver and keep the missus abit happier, at the moment ive got a Naish 12 m Cult (09) which i purchased in 09 but only started using about 3 months ago now that i have time to learn properly. At first i found the kite hard to use and thought as not many other people had a kite shaped like mine it must be crap. Now that ive actually stood up and know alittle bit more about trimming the kite ( not choking the **** out of it and trying to edge before im on the plane ) i actually quite enjoy it, lots of pull and flys nice. Sadly she has been landed in a tree and has suffered numerous repairs ! I went into buying my first kite without knowing anything (dont want to make the mistake again) I have used my mates 10 m RIO and am impressed with that, it flys alot quicker and the whole setup/pack down process is alot easier. One option i am considering is a 10 m catalyst ?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"seabreeze kite size" started by KiterBen