Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

Sunny Coast Noob buddies

Created by dwobblering > 9 months ago, 6 Jun 2013
dwobblering
QLD, 15 posts
6 Jun 2013 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Hey hoping I can find some sunny coast kite surfing noobs to learn with etc. Free several days during the week as well as some week ends. Think i should pick it up fairly quickly :S

teamex
WA, 26 posts
13 Jun 2013 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

Hey man. Im based in brisbane and keen to get out over the next couple of weekends before i move overseas. if the conditions are good i might be open to a drive up for a sesh

Gateman
QLD, 409 posts
13 Jun 2013 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys
I'm very "time poor" at the moment and struggle to find time off and wind at the same time but I'm keen to get out. Net really the best season for consistent wind but see how we go. PM me when you're going out.
@ dwobblering: happy to help launch and give a few tips as long as you've done some lessons

Annapelle
QLD, 3 posts
1 Jul 2013 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys
I am still mastering body dragging. I am trying to get some more experience before my next lesson. Booked a lesson at agnus waters but there was no wind.
I am a nurse and generally have days off during the week. If anyone wants to help me out as I don't know people in the sport except instructors. I am willing to travel within a 4hr radius of hervey bay for a day trip.
I have lost a bit of confidence. Had varying advise about buying a trainer kite.

Odkite
QLD, 106 posts
3 Jul 2013 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Annapelle said..

Hi Guys
I am still mastering body dragging. I am trying to get some more experience before my next lesson. Booked a lesson at agnus waters but there was no wind.
I am a nurse and generally have days off during the week. If anyone wants to help me out as I don't know people in the sport except instructors. I am willing to travel within a 4hr radius of hervey bay for a day trip.
I have lost a bit of confidence. Had varying advise about buying a trainer kite.

Hey Anna,

if you are still keen by August 31st one of the kiteshops down here in Brissy is organising a kite camping trip to inskip point/rainbow beach for that weekend. it's free to anyone to come along, only cost is the camping permit. There is often lots of gear to try etc and heap of people to chat too. should be fun. and hopefully there will be wind! not far from you either.

Annapelle
QLD, 3 posts
6 Jul 2013 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you odkite. I have been looking at that week end. I am keen to go.
I got some dragging in on Wednesday at Inskip before the wind dropped out. I didnt do too badly.
Keeping an eye on the wind.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
6 Jul 2013 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey all,

I've been kiting for 10 years. Not a Noob I guess . Happy to help anyone at any level. I have trained up quite a few friends over the years. I'm no mega-looper though, just enjoy mowing the lawn, the occasional big boost, having a fun, safe session and a beer after..

Once I move to Buddina I'll probably be on the lookout for downwinder partners - ie get together, drive 10kms? upwind in 1 car, kite together back to other car, pack up, drive back and get other car.

2 catches: I've not yet moved to new house at Buddina - need to sell current house at Brighton first.
Also very time poor due to a small child so my crossover between time off and wind blowing has been small lately.

Come October maybe I should be sorted and keen.

Knobby Rash
VIC, 44 posts
19 Jul 2013 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys
Just moved up from Melb to Caloundra and am looking forward to Inskip weekend.
I have brought training kite up with me and anyone is free to use it anytime.
Also keen for big downwinders once wind picks up a bit.

adamcilento
QLD, 6 posts
10 Sep 2013 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kiteboy dave said..

Hey all,

I've been kiting for 10 years. Not a Noob I guess . Happy to help anyone at any level. I have trained up quite a few friends over the years. I'm no mega-looper though, just enjoy mowing the lawn, the occasional big boost, having a fun, safe session and a beer after..

Once I move to Buddina I'll probably be on the lookout for downwinder partners - ie get together, drive 10kms? upwind in 1 car, kite together back to other car, pack up, drive back and get other car.

2 catches: I've not yet moved to new house at Buddina - need to sell current house at Brighton first.
Also very time poor due to a small child so my crossover between time off and wind blowing has been small lately.

Come October maybe I should be sorted and keen.

Hi Dave.

Me and a buddy do that run often. Shoot me a message when u are finished moving. We prefer to take our time and maximise the run but would be good to get a few more kiters in the mix.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
10 Sep 2013 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Cool I surely will. About 2 weeks ago I was at the beach with family and my surfboard (which I'm a total noob on), a NE had come up, and I saw about 10 kites launch from right where we were (end of PT Cartwright drive). Seems like it's a pretty common launch spot on a NE. Beach is a bit skinny at high tide but seems ok. Hopefully some more sand will come back and build it up again.

If I get time off, then I'll be keen to make the most of it too, and maximise run by all means. It's just i'll probably have to say no 3 out of 4 times.

Signed papers on old house yest, waiting for 1st Oct now for contract unconditional, then we're moving.

Dl33ta
TAS, 461 posts
11 Sep 2013 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah they call that launch spot S-Bends, it's prob the easiest spot to launch from with the grass setup area and a good patch of sand directly below. I usually launch there or just up from the surf club, kite down as far as I could be bothered walking back and start again. Good stretch of coast with not too many rocks.

congrats on the house, best suburb on the coast I reckon. We're moving over there when our current lease is up.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

"Sunny Coast Noob buddies" started by dwobblering