Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

Sydney to Melbourne beginning of January

Created by DrewLNG > 9 months ago, 5 Dec 2014
DrewLNG
1 posts
5 Dec 2014 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,

I'm visiting a friend of mine in Sydney over Christmas / New Year's and plan to do a road trip to Melbourne after that for a week (Jan 2nd to Jan 9th). The goal of the road trip is to casually drive down to Melbourne and stop at great Kite surfing spots along the way. My goal is to spend at least 2 days in and around Melbourne so I have 5 days for the drive and spots in between.

What spots / locations do you recommend? I have seen quite a few good spots on blogs and different sites but would be great to get some first hand recommendations. I'm an experienced kiter (staying up wind is not a problem) but have mostly riden on flat / chop, so not a big wave kiter. Also, I'm traveling alone so I'd prefer spots where I can meet up with some other people / locals or at least not have offshore conditions and a dead empty beach - cause you never know.

Thanks for your help!

Hang lose,

Andreas

Phoney
NSW, 585 posts
8 Dec 2014 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

Have a look at this: www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=-31.989442,150.79834&source=embed&ie=UTF8&msa=0&spn=8.939741,14.0625&z=6&hl=en&mid=1LA3B1H3pr16pm9y2fVsBWDeL9C8

Curiously there's a gaping big hole between Ulladulla and Merimbula but don't let that put you off, there's plenty of great spots down there. If it's close to a town and it's windy, you'll find other kiters. The wind will mostly be NE but sometimes SE.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

"Sydney to Melbourne beginning of January" started by DrewLNG