Has anyone kited at Dirk Hardog Island?

Or in the Monkey Mia area, Shark Bay?

Know of any restrictions/no go areas?

Know of any particular sweet spots?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
18 Jan 2015 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

kited dirk hartog quite a few times, tetradon loop is one of the most pristine spots youll ever kite, surf point is one of the most dangerous spots youll ever kite,( advanced and with safety or buddy reqd) but insanely good, big rolling waves across the passage, Margaret at scenic air charters flys to dirky, Kieran wardle(island owner) has a big rib, and also a barge crossing, I generally load the dingy and do the crossing from Denham, approx. 1.30hrs, stunning location, however the island is generally shut down around our windy season, big and little lagoon and east and west of the pinnacle are all decent flat spots, im heading over at the end of feb for a few days to dirky , very sticky up that way though atm, if you need the nitty gritty just ask

austin
671 posts
19 Jan 2015 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

saw a few biblical spots with masses of potential over chrissy, cant wait to get back there

mazdon
1196 posts
19 Jan 2015 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
austin said..
saw a few biblical spots with masses of potential over chrissy, cant wait to get back there

just don't fall and trawl out the back!

austin
671 posts
19 Jan 2015 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mazdon said..

austin said..

just don't fall and trawl out the back!

I have no fear of death

destine
NSW, 157 posts
20 Jan 2015 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

Excellent! Just what I was hoping to hear! :)
I only have one 4x4 going up atm. Looking for a partner car.
I have 5 people total so far and one more interested so can share passengers to reduced costs.

1 week end of feb :D

Send me PM for more details. :)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Kiting Dirk Hartdog Island" started by destine