Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Kiting trip Perth -> Exmouth. Advice needed

Created by the_Cro > 9 months ago, 15 Feb 2012
the_Cro
WA, 34 posts
15 Feb 2012 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys/gals,

Me and couple of mates are looking to head north for a week around the start of March and I was wondering if anyone has some good advice on kiting spots along the way to Exmouth. I was thinking a day in Lancelin, quick kite in Jurian Bay, a day in Geraldton, ?????, Exmouth.

The lads I am tripping with are more flat water kiters but I want to hit up some waves if I can.

Also - any ideas as to other good adventurous activities would be appreciated (e.g. diving ningaloo). The guys are coming from NZ so I want to show them what WA has to offer.

Cheerz

J

austin
671 posts
16 Feb 2012 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Lanno-----> Wedge-->Cervantes-->Dongara-->Two rocks-->Gero(back beach, south seppo's, PM, st georges, sunsets, glennys, corro)--> carnarvon, (spot south of the blowholes)--> Gnaraloo--> All of the ningaloo station!--> Exmouth

Should keep you busy

TurtleHunter
WA, 1675 posts
17 Feb 2012 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

March is a pretty bad time for wind all over W.A. but you never know after all we had the strongest winds ever to hit the coast on march 22 1999. As for other things to do in Exmouth diving is always good and although the official whale shark season doesn't start until April there should be tours running in March depending on interest as they are already spotting them now. (well actually they have been seen all year lately). Don't forget to hit the Cape Range National Park for some snorkeling and camping on the coast too.

Stewart25
WA, 56 posts
19 Feb 2012 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Kalbarri is a slight detour but if there's wind (surely you'll still get seabreezes if the weathers warm) you'll have options for sick wave kiting (quite a critical spot though) and flat water in the river. I would definitely cough up the $ to go on a fishing charter either out of exmouth or from coral bay. Surfing from kalbarri north is sick (need a boat for most spots around coral bay exmouth). Definitely hit up diving in either coral bay or spots around exmouth.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Kiting trip Perth -> Exmouth. Advice needed" started by the_Cro