Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

River Algae

Created by gruezi > 9 months ago, 5 Dec 2013
gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
5 Dec 2013 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Be careful not to get all tangled up in the disgusting algal bloom at Attadale or Applecross...........the river is stuffed!

In 12 years I never ever seen so much of this most disgusting bloom

If you are teaching or still learning, then just a heads up about dropping your kite in this crap.....you'll see

So sad that the river is stuffed.

Monkers
WA, 258 posts
6 Dec 2013 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

I have just been down to Augusta last couple of days .. ...River was beautiful . dolphins , eagles , rays .. just fab.. I you get a chance head down there .. still pretty nice .

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
6 Dec 2013 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

gruezi you are so right . i have never seen the river in such a bad state . The smell you have when you get home is yick . Attadale yesterday morning i was just about knocked over as i was walking out i hit some extremly thick stringy sections and a gust came through and i was fully powered up and being pulled into the water but my right foot didn't move it was caught up on that much weed . AppleX is even worse

mattyjee
WA, 575 posts
7 Dec 2013 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

bibra lake looks like a spearmint milkshake at the moment.

WA, 1255 posts
8 Dec 2013 8:35AM
Thumbs Up

Fertilizers.. Everyone wants a green lawn, not so much a green river

Ymir
15 posts
8 Dec 2013 11:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Monkers said..

I have just been down to Augusta last couple of days .. ...River was beautiful . dolphins , eagles , rays .. just fab.. I you get a chance head down there .. still pretty nice .

Monkers you are so right.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"River Algae" started by gruezi