Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Sandy cape Camping trip

Created by Wilderide > 9 months ago, 18 Dec 2015
Wilderide
39 posts
18 Dec 2015 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

I'm trying to get a little crew together to head up to wedge island for a night for some waves then up to Jurien bay, Sandy Cape for 3 nights.. As I have not get the 4x4 dirty for a while So the Loose plan, is to surf/paddle boards/fish snorkel in the morning. Kite in the afternoon.

Camp on the beach, fire at night, few beers and a few laughs

we are Leaving Sunday the 7th of feb coming home Thursday the 11th

We have a few other kiters one other going so far.. We have a few 4x4s so there is plenty of room..

Wedge island is a good wave spot.. Sandy Cape is a flat water spot..

I have only been kiting for this season and keen to meet some follow kiters and new ppl..

This invitation is open to ppl for all levels as long as your self sufficient. We have ppl of different kiting levels going.
Your are welcome to bring your own 4x4 or jump in one of the other cars going Just ask to chip in with fuel cost if you do..

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
18 Dec 2015 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

good luck with camping on the beach at wedge and having a fire ,

sandy cape road is heavily rutted atm so make sure everything is tied down

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
18 Dec 2015 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

hmmm....Sandy Cape.

I think that it's great that the local council has signage advising that there's loose asbestos lying around. In the sand. In the camping area.....makes it a remarkably wonderful experience.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
18 Dec 2015 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Juddy said...
hmmm....Sandy Cape.

I think that it's great that the local council has signage advising that there's loose asbestos lying around. In the sand. In the camping area.....makes it a remarkably wonderful experience.

More amazing that it was left by the shire when they flattened the shacks

Wilderide
39 posts
19 Dec 2015 1:08AM
Thumbs Up

I head there regularly never seen anything like that.. But I normally head more south to around the old war bunkers..

MDSXR6T
WA, 1019 posts
19 Dec 2015 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

What is the fishing like there? Is it flat water like the pond / river or just not as choppy as Perth?

Wilderide
39 posts
20 Dec 2015 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

The fishing is good.. The normal beach fishing Taylor, whiting, herring. At night they catch shark and bigger stuff.. There are long bays that face west so they are Similar to Perth beaches but there are a heap of protected bays that are completely flat.. A heap of reef around.. Some bays are more prone to weed.. Last time I was there in summer we killed it with the big Taylor 4 ppl fishing caught 11 in a few hours most were over 50cm.. Feed the all the crew!

LittleFella
WA, 132 posts
23 Dec 2015 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

War bunkers?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
23 Dec 2015 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LittleFella said..
War bunkers?

I, were pretty protective of our local spots

LittleFella
WA, 132 posts
23 Dec 2015 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Carn' now.

Wilderide
39 posts
26 Dec 2015 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

LittleFella said..
War bunkers?

I, were pretty protective of our local spots

Pretty good reason to be protective... its a great spot....

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Sandy cape Camping trip" started by Wilderide