Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Spots/fellow kiters near Northampton WA

Created by dafrog > 9 months ago, 30 Aug 2012
dafrog
321 posts
30 Aug 2012 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of good spots around there (bar coronation beach, that I've been to) as i should be based there for the harvest from October... Anyone also up there that kites?

Tried to search the forum but not much coming up...

Cheers

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
31 Aug 2012 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

if you like flat water, try Port Gregory....large-ish lagoon with fair amount of room. Narrow beach for launch/landing but fairly howling up there from Oct....

dafrog
321 posts
31 Aug 2012 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

yeah been to port gregory before looked OK, even closer there is Horrocks beach... don't know what it's like down there... I'm starting to feel I might be the only kiter round those parts!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
2 Sep 2012 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

horrocks is great you need a proper sw to enjoy it at its best , awsome spot when the is swell, been a few times and been the only one out, also just down the track past the golf course is tractors good when the swells up, mate the are heaps of spots up here , watch the rocks at gregory, your in a good spot to explore north and south, be safe if your not familiar with the spots, if y need any info on any spots email me

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
2 Sep 2012 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Just be carefull.

Tiger sharks caught at Port Gegory right off the jetty.

There seems to be a lot breeding in the lagoon so the locals have warned. A guy was nipped last summer and had his thigh ripped apart.

dafrog
321 posts
3 Sep 2012 11:53PM
Thumbs Up

thanks for the advice guys!

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
8 Sep 2012 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Horrocks is great! I'm there most weekends. Hope to see you on the beach one day. Cheers

dafrog
321 posts
8 Sep 2012 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Dave Whettingsteel said...

Horrocks is great! I'm there most weekends. Hope to see you on the beach one day. Cheers

Cool man was starting to think I would be alone... Name is Ben by the way, moving up there mid-october.

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
8 Sep 2012 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Cool... Look forward to having some company ! Are you working on the wheat bins or on a farm? Northampton is a great little town. Very friendly, you'll have a lot of fun. Cheers

dafrog
321 posts
8 Sep 2012 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Dave Whettingsteel said...

Cool... Look forward to having some company ! Are you working on the wheat bins or on a farm? Northampton is a great little town. Very friendly, you'll have a lot of fun. Cheers

yeah doing the wheat bins, looking forward to the country life again.

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
8 Sep 2012 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Just went for a walk down the beach and there's plenty of stuff to launch off near the boat ramp. Had a surf too, very glassy and the water is so clear at the moment. Magic.

Some hot looking crops here too, you could be busy on the bins!

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
8 Sep 2012 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

NoBS said...

Just be carefull.

Tiger sharks caught at Port Gegory right off the jetty.

There seems to be a lot breeding in the lagoon so the locals have warned. A guy was nipped last summer and had his thigh ripped apart.

Just wondering where you heard that nobs. I live here, and am pretty sure tiger sharks don't breed in the lagoons. They are open ocean creatures. I didn't hear about someone being bitten at port Gregory, but I may well have missed it. Sharks definetly follow the cray boats in, so it is possible. They tend to leave once the boats stop working.
Cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Spots/fellow kiters near Northampton WA" started by dafrog