Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

Travelling the westcoast down from Exmouth - Perth

Created by TheDutchman > 9 months ago, 21 Oct 2012
TheDutchman
WA, 4 posts
21 Oct 2012 1:04AM
Thumbs Up

Hello peeps,

On the 21st of november my GF and I are arriving in Perth to have and get some west Australia kitesurf roadtrip experience.

First we gonna stay a couple of days in Perth / Fremantle to relax a bit and to get rid of our jetlag. Do some shopping and prepare ourselves before hitting highway 95 untill we arrive in Karijini. That should take about one week. (GF woud like to see the country instead of only kitesurfing. Fair enough because Australia is not a next door holiday location for us. But after that we are going to Exmouth and start the kitesurfing experience all the way down untill we come back in Perth. We have to be back in Perth at the 17th of december and fly home the 19th of december.

Ok now the best part is coming. My gf is thinking this holiday is all about kitesurfing, relaxing, enjoying australia, meet nice people etc etc. That is just one part of the story,The real deal is that I am going to ask her to marry me The date will be 12-12-12

Now i am not sure where I will be when the date 12-12-12 has finally arrived. It could be somewhere between Kalbarri and the Pinnacles National Park / Lancelin

I hope you guys and girls could help me out a bit with some nice places where you can ask someone to marry you, a good restaurant close and this has to be between Kalbarri and Lancelin.

Also I will update this post when I travel down the westcoast. When my GF will say YES and you are close come to the beach or pub. I will pay the first few rounds to get the party started. (I would like to keep this small we don't want to have a project X marry me party somewhere along the westcoast with a couple of thousand people.... lol)

Cheers!

The Dutchman

paulsmyth
WA, 109 posts
25 Oct 2012 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Not many classy restaurants between Kalabari and Lancelin, so if thats were you'll be i suggest a picnic basket, bottle of champagne and find a nice deserted beach and and ask her with a Western Australian sunset as the back drop. Good Luck!

ZaZz
WA, 89 posts
25 Oct 2012 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

I agree with Paul.
A picnic is the way to go. Nice food and alcool.
Lots of beaches to choose from to have some privacy.
And at the sunset...so romantic
Good luck and enjoy your stay in WA

TheDutchman
WA, 4 posts
27 Oct 2012 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Ok thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Saves me some time to sort a few things out. A picknic basket, some food and a nice bottle it will be.

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
8 Nov 2012 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Point Moore, or the Sydney Memorial are both special spots in Gero, plus there are plenty of good restaurants in Geradlton too...

birdie919
WA, 82 posts
13 Nov 2012 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

just to be aware flies will be an issuewhat ever you do outdoors. My advice head to perth say.... blue duck eaterie in cottesloe they have a lovely balcony for a sunset proposal.

austin
671 posts
14 Nov 2012 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

just remember its going to be stinking hot in karijini that time of year

ExSurfCentre
WA, 481 posts
18 Nov 2012 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Nothing more special than a marriage proposal in Geraldton at point moore with the romantic smell of rotting seaweed ;-)

pigfarmer
QLD, 19 posts
22 Nov 2012 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

kalbarri is nice. If you do it along some beach make sure the ring doesnt get blown away if you do it after noon

TheDutchman
WA, 4 posts
14 Dec 2012 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Well the proposal was in Shark bay at shell beach. She loved it so I am a happy man!

Anyways the seaweed in Gero is really bad at the moment so I left it. I am now in Jurien bay, also some seaweed, but hoping to have some wind today. The wind was letting us down on the kitetrip! Only 6 days of kitesurfing this holiday....

TurtleHunter
WA, 1675 posts
14 Dec 2012 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Jeez only 6 days arh well you can't control the weather.
That trough down the coast hung around for ages I think the wind only came back about a week ago up here

TurtleHunter
WA, 1675 posts
14 Dec 2012 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

ps congrats on the proposal

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   Western Australia

"Travelling the westcoast down from Exmouth - Perth" started by TheDutchman