Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

PNG - Vanimo Surf Lodge 12 March - 25 March 2020

Created by mybrosweeper > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2020
mybrosweeper
NSW, 1016 posts
26 Mar 2020 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Hey All, I have just returned from 12 x days in Vanimo Surf Lodge. I struggle to find appropriate words to describe the whole trip so I'll let the pic's tell the story. The Lodge, their staff, the people of Lido village, waves all rate highly in my books. I was so stoked to surf every day as the window of opportunity narrowed to return back to OZ before the boarder lockdown and returned on the last flight out of PNG back to home.
Shout out to Jake (Vanimo Lodge manager) who kept us all informed of travel status back to OZ and taking us to some awesome locations to surf and fish, Matty Williams (Surf Photographer) who shot some great waves for us and the crew who shared this experience with me. Back home now in self isolation which sux it big time, but it is what it is. I hope this inspires you during this horrendous time and you and your loved ones are all well and safe,
Ian "Robbo" Robinson

COVID-19 SUX!!

bomberdave
VIC, 397 posts
26 Mar 2020 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics, was planning to go there this year ..quess not now...nice SUP is that the Blurr V2 and what size???

mybrosweeper
NSW, 1016 posts
26 Mar 2020 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bomberdave said..
Nice pics, was planning to go there this year ..quess not now...nice SUP is that the Blurr V2 and what size???

cheers Dave.. Board is an Infinity B-line 8'8" x 31" 125lts... but the BlurrV2 is on order!!

cantSUPenough
VIC, 2122 posts
28 Mar 2020 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Great surfing. Terrific photos too!

Seems like a world away now...

mybrosweeper
NSW, 1016 posts
29 Mar 2020 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cantSUPenough said..
Great surfing. Terrific photos too!

Seems like a world away now...

Cheers mate.....scary world away!!.... CORONA SUX!!!

This is what we had to walk away from last Monday morning to get home........shattered

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"PNG - Vanimo Surf Lodge 12 March - 25 March 2020" started by mybrosweeper