Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
MickPC
8266 posts
14 Nov 2020 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

I put in a complaint that they didn't follow procedure properly. They're supposed to circle us & there was only 5 of us out. We had no idea what they were doing. Thought they were scaring away the kangaroo that was in pretty much precisely at that spot where they lowered elevation. They farked off before any of us made a move for the beach, pretty 1/2 assed imo. I suggested they should have a loudspeaker to eliminate any chance of confusion. Just got a generic BS email ignoring the points I made...

Coohan
84 posts
14 Nov 2020 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..

Coohan said..
This morning was surprisingly good at Perth's second favourite beachie! Who would think it's mid November!! Clean with a little bit of shape, shame the swell has vanished before tomorrow!

Yesterday early was even better but only 600 blokes turned up to take part...one fu...ck.ing bank on the beaches inPerf

Yeah I surfed then too It's been nice to get metro waves in November!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
30 Nov 2020 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

Fingers and toes crossed we get some banks out of this wind! I'm in the city and St G Terrace is almost cyclonic - so thinking it must be moving some sand on the coast...

JESUSGUS
WA, 169 posts
30 Nov 2020 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

..for sure mate Gotta love La Ni?a cold fronts in summer

JESUSGUS
WA, 169 posts
30 Nov 2020 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

..for sure mate Gotta love La Ni?a cold fronts in summer

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Dec 2020 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
I put in a complaint that they didn't follow procedure properly. They're supposed to circle us & there was only 5 of us out. We had no idea what they were doing. Thought they were scaring away the kangaroo that was in pretty much precisely at that spot where they lowered elevation. They farked off before any of us made a move for the beach, pretty 1/2 assed imo. I suggested they should have a loudspeaker to eliminate any chance of confusion. Just got a generic BS email ignoring the points I made...

I made that same complaint years ago. My son and i about to jump in the water at an offshore reef, they circled and flew away. So we waited a little and eventually got spooked and left. On leaving we got a report from Dorsal about a shark reported at our exact location. We went on to warn a few snorkelers nearby.

When i formally emailed my complaint, as to why they didn't use the horn or loud speaker we got the same stupid response i bet you got.

My argument has always been, if we insist on spending millions on something like the chopper for shark spotting, at least they could do it correctly.

Sadly for me, work and other commitments have kept me out of the water for months, looking forward to xmas break and hopefully some surf..

oz surf
WA, 407 posts
10 Dec 2020 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

I made that same complaint years ago. My son and i about to jump in the water at an offshore reef, they circled and flew away. So we waited a little and eventually got spooked and left. On leaving we got a report from Dorsal about a shark reported at our exact location. We went on to warn a few snorkelers nearby.

When i formally emailed my complaint, as to why they didn't use the horn or loud speaker we got the same stupid response i bet you got.

My argument has always been, if we insist on spending millions on something like the chopper for shark spotting, at least they could do it correctly.

Have been plenty of sharks spotted by the chopper in the metro area recently.
And i have always seen them circling with siren on.
Time for a cull i reckon

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
26 Dec 2020 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

I did it! I got some waves!! Sloppy? Why, yes. Small? No, more like tiny. Fun? Yeeeewwwwww!!!

Souwester
WA, 1255 posts
6 Jan 2021 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Joined in the party at point packed this arvo - shared so many waves it was hard not to smile, I love sharing!

Some rippers at the top of the peak surfing un-farkn real!! I was content with the the wide ones and ones the rippers left after doing 5 cut backs and 2 airs on

Offshore, good shape - smiles all round

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
6 Jan 2021 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody Huey tried hard to spoil this swell by lighting a fire to stop access to IODrive
but
He deemed us mortals a very very good LBB day. Very good very happy to have absolutely gorged on some very tasty offerings.
Even had a few keepers yesterday at same venue but in a less accommodating wind.

Coohan
84 posts
6 Jan 2021 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Did the drive down south, was not disappointed. Solid swell, good winds and crystal clear beachie goodness with 100 of my best mates.

MickPC
8266 posts
17 Jan 2021 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Last day of our almost 3 week trip between Esperance & Margs. Got down to Lefties late about 10am to find an almost empty carpark. I was looking for flashing lights or signs to explain it but I guess it was just too small for most. Nice surprise to surf waist to almost pushing head high clean fun waves with some good blokes from home & familiar faces

Even a hottie topless on the walk back...beautiful day

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
18 Jan 2021 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Photos? .......OK Ok don't want to be creepy

Edit: if waves in the back ground.........even blurred that's OK

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Jan 2021 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..

MickPC said..

Photos? .......OK Ok don't want to be creepy

Edit: if waves in the back ground.........even blurred that's OK

lol...np m8, we took a lot of pics. Won't be anything amazing, it was very windy most days, just small fun waves. I wanna make a bit of a blog....just got home & trying not to go crazy with really bad tinitus.

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
18 Jan 2021 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

I'll draw you a picture MPC. We truely want to see photos. We are only mildly interested in photos of the waves.

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Jan 2021 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..
I'll draw you a picture MPC. We truely want to see photos. We are only mildly interested in photos of the waves.

Yeah no worries Buster, I'm only mildly interested in uploading them I know what you really want is a long rambly story written after a few beers, not a prob I'm on holiday till Feb

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
21 Jan 2021 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Need a Finger/Bird Emoji on the side bar for Huey

surfed at point packed today with 2 others in the water.....fair indication of the quality@desperado

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
22 Jan 2021 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

Huey listened to my "gentle rebuke" and delivered a little taste today.
was in the right spot for a couple of gems ( gems being hard to find lately so value was grossly overpriced)

calling it HeadHigh and going so fast it blew the front of my hair off

sls
WA, 178 posts
23 Jan 2021 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Close-outy goodness at Scarbs yesterday

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
23 Jan 2021 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

No way! Dude, you're killing me. I coulda been there!

oz surf
WA, 407 posts
23 Jan 2021 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics Mocha

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
23 Jan 2021 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
oz surf said..
Nice pics Mocha

Credits to Paul Hardie

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
24 Jan 2021 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Buster sighting. Got a few.

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
24 Jan 2021 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Dja get pasted too?

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
24 Jan 2021 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Dodged and weaved and escaped unscathed. Came close a few times. It wasn't very user friendly but the rips held a few up.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
26 Jan 2021 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Better than expected at Sth Sth Trigg. A few rewards for those who did not choose the biggest wave of the set... which was 10 out of 10 times a close-out.. Water was toasty warm.

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
26 Jan 2021 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

I was further Sth and it was totally rubbish. The best on offer were cr@p.

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
14 Feb 2021 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Huey thanks for letting us loose MarkyMark
all hail the Emperor

a few folk discovered the same secret

going again tomorrow.......unless someone sneezes

Souwester
WA, 1255 posts
19 Feb 2021 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Let me paint a picture of my mini soul sesh this morning...knew it would be offshorish around the time I was planning the mission.
Needed work to be sorted before I could ignore the phone for an hour...given the limited time I had it was going to be at the closest beach - straight hander city but I didn't care. Only had my 7'6 softy available.

Work panned out well, I did not even check the cameras, swell bouy, pray to Huey or anything - softboard on the roof and I was off like a bat out of hell (not breaking the law) It was liberating not to think about it, put only board I had at work on roof and get there.

Well bugger me, it was super fun bowly barrels on the mid size ones, runners on the small ones and fun closouts on the bigger sets. Light offshore wind not too much of a crowd. Unbelievable.

What really topped off the 36m session was the vibe in the water, a lot of rippers on softboards, hooting each other in - even I got called in (I am not a ripper) and chatting away in the line up. Bit of scenery on the beach too. My wave of the session was a mid size one that had a nice steep take off, wrapped into a bowly bazza which annihilated me on the inside, bonus points were on offer if you held the pose in the barrel as it detonated.

Stoked and all done and dusted in just over an hour from when I left the office to when I put my boots back on and strolled back into the office with a Burrito in my hand for lunch.

JulianRoss
WA, 541 posts
22 Feb 2021 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

So, did anyone else get caught out by the swell forecast yesterday?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie