Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

2018 GPS/Slalom Series

Created by GPSWindsurfing > 9 months ago, 22 Aug 2018
ChrisD67
NSW, 40 posts
4 Dec 2018 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Great photos, looks like you guys got some great conditions. What were the racing results?

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
4 Dec 2018 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Some pics of Thursday...I couldn't really capture the biggest swells..not really slalom conditions!

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
4 Dec 2018 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
4 Dec 2018 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

A few go pro pics..5m on 68ltre waveboard..They make it look much flatter than it was..

Dezza
NSW, 919 posts
4 Dec 2018 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

here's some of the water skiing action from sunday morning

Boston!
NSW, 248 posts
4 Dec 2018 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome Dezza. Great edit!

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
6 Dec 2018 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

This weekend looks fantastic don't forget to put identification on your sail for the slalom.

GPSWindsurfing
87 posts
6 Dec 2018 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Everyone,

The forecast is looking very good for this weekend!

Both Saturday and Sunday are looking great for a strong NE (those who have sailed Coal Point know how great it is in a good NE). We are just confirming if an Interclub yacht race is still running on Saturday, as the lake will be full of yachts if this is the case.

At this stage, we are looking to run the GPS event this Sunday.

The race committee will confirm by 10am tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, earmark the day and get your medium to strong wind gear ready!

GPSWindsurfing
87 posts
7 Dec 2018 5:36AM
Thumbs Up

All systems go for this Sunday, 9 Dec!!

As mentioned in the previous post, there is a yacht race on Saturday, which means the state of the lake will be pretty insane and best avoided.

The forecast for Sunday is for a solid NE and hot sunny weather (Very similar to the last event we had in January).

As per the sailing instructions, the Committee will look to run figure 8 GPS races along with some slalom racing if the conditions comply.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday for what looks like being a cracker day of sailing!

Cheers,
Byron, Steve, Murray

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
7 Dec 2018 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

please put a number on your sail for scoring all welcome its going to be a great day of sailing coal point was just bloody fantastic today.
11 am briefing.

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
9 Dec 2018 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Lake Macquarie round 2 GPS/Slalom.
Well 3 days of massive NE breezes and epic sailing and a predicted 4th day the seen was set.
But a prediction is just that and the wind gods had other ideas today.
Two GPS races late in the day patience paid off.. We were there at 9 30 had a big down wind slalom course set before 11 am ready for the predicted 25 to 30 knt NE breeeze. But the big winds never came, dissapointed when you have planed so much we had two boats and 4 volinteers ready but still we did get two light wind GPS races in.
It really is a magic place to sail and the last couple of days have been nothing short of amazing sailing getting more wind than anywhere else, we have been running dummy down wind courses ready for today.
A huge thanks to all who helped make this happen a late day of sailing.
see you all in January for the state slalom if not before on the water.

Dezza
NSW, 919 posts
9 Dec 2018 10:26PM
Thumbs Up

thank u for your time to organise today Byron, Murray and co, that slalom course out there looked great, it was a real shame the stronger breeze didn't come but still good we got enough for the gps racing, what a beautiful lake, well worth the trip up

tbwonder
NSW, 639 posts
10 Dec 2018 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

A real shame that the forecast did not deliver. Unfortunately I couldn't compete anyway due to tearing my hamstring in the massive winds of the previous three days, this combined with the light winds and my mediocre drone skills allowed me to produce this:

.be

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
10 Dec 2018 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Great job Andrew!

Dezza
NSW, 919 posts
10 Dec 2018 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

That's awesome Andrew, great to see the lake from above, Ian's dismount is pretty good too hope your leg heals soon and you are back out there.

Ian85
NSW, 23 posts
10 Dec 2018 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

Great video Andrew. The little spy in the sky doesn't miss much..

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
10 Dec 2018 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

I can identify with the dismount with the cartwheeling arms..

tbwonder
NSW, 639 posts
10 Dec 2018 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Provisional Results V3 and Replays from Sundays event:
Note during the replay the numbers shown are metres travelled. The results are the average speed in Nautical Miles per hour.

muz720
NSW, 81 posts
10 Dec 2018 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Great coverage Andrew, thanks for being injured!

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
10 Dec 2018 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

Agree just fantastic Andrew amazing to see a different perspective and just how beautiful Lake Macquarie is, can you imagine the action if it had blown 25 knots wow.
A big thanks for getting the results up so quickly.
It is great to see how close the racing was thru the whole fleet only meters separating Remi and myself love it.

tbwonder
NSW, 639 posts
17 Dec 2018 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Photos from Coal Point event by Nicole

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
17 Dec 2018 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Great job Nicole!

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
30 Dec 2018 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

REMINDER
State slalom titles are a go
January Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th in conjunction with the round 4 GPS series which will now become a two day event Saturday and Sunday in lake Macquarie.
people who have paid for the state slalom just have to pay the $30 for the GPS weekend if you have paid for series including states your entered.
you will need to pay Slalom and GPS fees as per state slalom costs from Myall if not already paid.
so please all welcome this is a fun racing event for all levels of sailors.
Only 2 weeks away so get a number on your sail and come and enjoy racing with other like minded windsurfers.

Also next year 2019 state slalom titles November Friday 29th November to Sunday 1st December will be same time next year Myall lakes I have done a deal with caravan park again. so please ring up and put your name on a cabin or camp site. reserve your cabin or camp site now as people are booking them quickly. Commit and come away for a fun weekend.

tbwonder
NSW, 639 posts
8 Jan 2019 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Here is the series totals for the 2018/2019 NSW GPS series.
Just to recap:
Event 1 was Forster 21-Oct
Event 2 was Lake Mac 10-Nov which was cancelled and then was held on 9-Dec at Coal Point
Event 3 was Myall lakes which was cancelled
Event 4 is at Lake Macquarie this coming weekend 12/13 Jan

Assuming we get some racing this weekend the series will consist of 3 events so there will be no drop.

Youth <20
Master >45
Elite - If you think you are

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
9 Jan 2019 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Andrew
State slalom this weekend 2 day event.
Saturday coal point.
11am briefing.

Dezza
NSW, 919 posts
9 Jan 2019 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

great, looking forward to getting back up there

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
10 Jan 2019 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
12 Jan 2019 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

Sunday 13th briefing 9 am Marmong point sailing club first possible race 10 am.
see you there.

Dezza
NSW, 919 posts
13 Jan 2019 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Looking very good at marmong this morning 18 knots already

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7917 posts
13 Jan 2019 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

The racing was looking good when I was watching.. Wish I'd thought to bring my camera..

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"2018 GPS/Slalom Series" started by GPSWindsurfing