VIC, 51 posts
20 Aug 2018 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

pines is at Shoreham

40knots
VIC, 87 posts
20 Aug 2018 10:46PM
Thumbs Up

What direction do you sail the Shoreham car park.

remoc
VIC, 51 posts
22 Aug 2018 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

South, it doesn't happen often enough, you need all of nature to happen at once, wind, swell, tide, lucky to get it right every two to three years, but when it happens, it's the best spot in Vic. Just like very wave spot has its day, this day was onshore slightly, still south but a little too south, if that make sence, with to much south swell, notice in the photos there's not to many top turns, the swell was running away from the wind, lucky to get back up the wave, the lads would try and get back up the wave but she was to far behind them and they lost momentum, Timmy was nailing it, laying the rig over, but for some reason I missed his shots. Some days you only have an hour each side of high tide because she too rocky, (a low high tide) it's a long board wave and locals go out in all weather as the beaches are shot, a mate and I had a ripper sail there 30k, logo high, years back, only to come in and get trapped in the car park by angry dudes on their long boards with baseball bats, the only way it didnt turn into mast base verses baseball bats is another mate rocked up, who had shoulders bigger the my boom that day. Thanks Dangerous, your the man!!!!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"pines 170618" started by remoc