Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

Axis BCS 1120 and 1060 for wind foiling.

Created by excav8ter > 9 months ago, 3 Jul 2022
excav8ter
536 posts
3 Jul 2022 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

So last year I sold off my SS gear and went with Axis. I bought the BCS 1120 and the 1060 with a Progressive 400 rear stab. I have the standard fuse as well as the windsurfing fuse. Will this setup work well for windfoiling? I'll be using it on my Slingshot Levitator 150.
mahalo for the help and thoughts.

thedoor
2191 posts
4 Jul 2022 11:28PM
Thumbs Up

As long as you have the long fuse, I cannot see why not.

excav8ter
536 posts
5 Jul 2022 5:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedoor said..

I have the windsurfing fuse and the standard one. I'll swap them out and give it a go I guess.

utcminusfour
626 posts
5 Jul 2022 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
excav8ter said..

thedoor said..

I have the windsurfing fuse and the standard one. I'll swap them out and give it a go I guess.

Please share your experiences with the different fuse lengths!

excav8ter
536 posts
23 Aug 2022 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

I tried the BCS 1060 and the windsurfing fuse. Wind was 12-16ish. Everything seemed to click well. Flight was good. No excessive left like with my SS gear. I'm not super intune with all the little details like some are, I am just happy to get out a foil. The one thing I did notice was the BCS 1060 didn't seem very fast, not that I expected it to be a speed demon, but I think I only saw 17mph as a top speed. Haven't tried the BCS 1120 yet as I have been trying to focus on getting better at wing foiling. Kinda putting that on the back burner for a bit though. Going to look for a more HA foil from Axis to try on the windfoiling gear. Perhaps the HPS 1050?

aeroegnr
1478 posts
23 Aug 2022 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Both the phantasm 926 and starboard superflyer are around 1300cm2. Kind of curious if the axis hps 980 behaves similarly being about that area.

That seems to be the sweet spot for a second freeride all around foil once you figure it all out. I just don't know anything about these particular foils other than seeing some winging buddies on axis.

excav8ter
536 posts
24 Aug 2022 2:37AM
Thumbs Up

Going to pick up the 500 anhedral rear stab and the 1000HA front foil to try out this weekend.

excav8ter
536 posts
6 Sep 2022 12:16AM
Thumbs Up

Had a chance to finally try the Axis S series HA 1000 with my 400 carbon rear stab on Saturday. Had a blast. The HA 1000 seems to lift very smoothly, where the 1060 and 1120 come up a bit faster. It definitely felt like it had better glide than the BSC 1060 I have been mainly using. It was definitely a fun foil for carving some arcs on the chop and gliding on faces too Can't say anything really about the top speed because I am not a speed guy, and the lake was pretty rough with 2 foot tall wind chop. I was using my 4.8 Duotone Super Session for a sail.
Just was notified that the 500 Anhedral rear stab came in today, so I ran to MACKite and picked it up. Hoping to try it with the HA 1000 and the BSC 1060/1120 soon.

excav8ter
536 posts
15 Sep 2022 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Had a short session tonight on the Axis 1000 HA and the 500 Anhedral rear stab. Quite a bit over powered on my 6.0 Flyer, should have rigged the 4.8 Duotone Super Session. So plenty of power and immediately flying. Took just a few hundred years to adjust to the rear stab, but I really liked it. Still seemed fairly fast, but more importantly it was really stable and I was able to foil through multiple jibes, which is a first for me. I've made a jibe here and there, but never 4 in a short session. Anxious for the weekend. Supposed to be warm a breezy!

dkeating
VIC, 253 posts
16 Sep 2022 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
excav8ter said..
Had a short session tonight on the Axis 1000 HA and the 500 Anhedral rear stab. Quite a bit over powered on my 6.0 Flyer, should have rigged the 4.8 Duotone Super Session. So plenty of power and immediately flying. Took just a few hundred years to adjust to the rear stab, but I really liked it. Still seemed fairly fast, but more importantly it was really stable and I was able to foil through multiple jibes, which is a first for me. I've made a jibe here and there, but never 4 in a short session. Anxious for the weekend. Supposed to be warm a breezy!

Have you stuck with the windsurfing fuse.
I'm still curious from your first post if you've had a chance to compare the windsurf fuse against the standard fuse and comparable differences on the same wings
Thanks for any more input.

excav8ter
536 posts
16 Sep 2022 11:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dkeating said..

excav8ter said..

I'm still curious from your first post if you've had a chance to compare the windsurf fuse against the standard fuse and comparable differences on the same wings

I haven't tried the standard fuse. If I get time tomorrow I might try it out.

miamiwindsurfe
139 posts
17 Sep 2022 12:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
excav8ter said..

dkeating said..

excav8ter said..

For freewave wind foiling i did try Gong standard fusillage a year ago, that didn't work very well, too unstable, so i had custom/longer fusillage built. Now i got new windfoil board where fin box farther forward, etc.. and should receive next week new front wing fluid h xl 95cm wide , new pro stab fluid biggest size 45, and a new pro fuselage. I will try it without front fusillage extension first (now that they have it.) Let you know

Grantmac
1953 posts
18 Sep 2022 1:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
miamiwindsurfe said..

excav8ter said..

dkeating said..

excav8ter said..

For freewave wind foiling i did try Gong standard fusillage a year ago, that didn't work very well, too unstable, so i had custom/longer fusillage built. Now i got new windfoil board where fin box farther forward, etc.. and should receive next week new front wing fluid h xl 95cm wide , new pro stab fluid biggest size 45, and a new pro fuselage. I will try it without front fusillage extension first (now that they have it.) Let you know

I have a Veloce H-L and Fluid H-M tail coming along with the windfoiling fuselage extension to try.
Mostly I'm going to wing it but I intend on trying some freeride windfoil to compare relative speeds.

miamiwindsurfe
139 posts
18 Sep 2022 11:47PM
Thumbs Up

Let me know how veloce h l works out, possibly next on my list

excav8ter
536 posts
19 Sep 2022 3:12AM
Thumbs Up

Had a really fun session yesterday. I stuck with the Axis S series HA 1000 and the 500 Anhedral rear stab. I noticed that I was getting a LOT more lift with the 500 than my flat 400 carbon. I mean a LOT more. So yesterday I slid the foil mast to the back instead of at about 1.5"-2" forward. Made little to no difference. Slid the UJ forward of center about an inch or so.. Made little to no noticeable difference. I didn't experience this with the 400 at all. I hate the thought of having to shim something, but maybe I need to with the 500 Anhedral?

Edit... something else I have noticed. When I look at my top speed between the BSC 1120, 1060 and the HA 1000, there is not a lot of difference, if any. I'm not looking for ultimate speed, but I used to see 20mph+ at some point in a session with my SS I84. I was thinking the Axis BSC 1060 or HA 1000 would be closer to the 20-22 mark.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"Axis BCS 1120 and 1060 for wind foiling." started by excav8ter